Would you like to share your knowledge on of ? Submit a guest column to Hail Mary Jane.
We accept guest blog posts on a variety of topics:
- Cannabis news
- Stoner Culture
- Cannabis Laws
- Funny content
- Other fun stoner content
All content will be reviewed and we reserve the right to edit or refuse any content to be published on HMJ.
The HMJ audience is comprised mainly of cannabis lovers. Our readers are generally fun loving, laid back, peaceful people who appreciate cannabis for the medicinal or recreational benefits (or both).
Your article must be tightly-focused on a single aspect of cannabis or pop culture. Include any pertinent information and sources for all fact based statements.
- Your post can be an adaptation (not a complete reprint) of an article you’ve posted on your personal blog at least six months ago (we do not accept articles previously published on commercial sites, on other people’s blogs, or in magazines/newspapers).
- Your article should range from 200-500 words (if you go a tad over 500 words, that’s okay).
- Accommodate skimmers and scanners:
- Write short sentences
- Write 2-to-3-sentence paragraphs
- Break up main points with bold sub-heads and numbered lists
- Quote expert sources whenever possible and always hyperlink to the primary source material.
- Include screenshots, stock photos, or a video to visually enhance your topic.
- When you reference other sites (such as in a list-style post), include the full URL of the page.
- At the end of your article, encourage discussion by asking an engaging question.
- Carefully edit your article for correct grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.
- We do not accept articles that come across as sales-y (subtle or blatant pitches for products or services, as well as internal links to companies/products/services that aren’t directly related to your topic).
- Include a 1-sentence author bio at the end of your article. Your bio must state your real first and last name you may share a link to your own website, blog, or social media page.
- If you submit images or screenshots to accompany your guest post, size them appropriately (72 dpi, no larger than 600 px) and send them as JPEG or PNG attachments.
- We allow one link in your bio section to a personal website or business but the content should only include links to original source information.
E-mail your post as a Word attachment (HTML is fine) to Lenny@hailmaryjane.com. In the Subject line, put Guest Post Submission for Hail Mary Jane.
No Pitches, Please
Please do not write sales letters to our followers. We get several pitches a day from companies and we offer sponsored articles for people interested in sharing their company or products with our followers. Please contact email@example.com for more information
We will acknowledge receipt of your post via e-mail, usually within 48 hours. After our team has reviewed your article, we will will let you know whether it has been accepted for publication.
Thanks for participating in the Hail Mary Jane community!